Monday 2 January 2012

Perspective


I had been waiting for you since 4 in the evening.
You came late, at around 10.30pm. You said you'd only be able to stay for about 15 minutes, are you in such a hurry? You came inside my room with your dirty combats boots on and just shrugged when I reprimanded you. You took off your leather jacket and threw it on the table. You plonked down on my bed and lit a cigarette. Without asking anything else you grabbed my Laptop and played an instrumental piece. You said that you'd leave when it ends. I look over and see that I have 10 more minutes. We sit there silently doing nothing, saying nothing, lost in our own thoughts. Were you thinking about me? Were you stealing glances at me? Were you thinking how to say goodbye? You passed on that beautiful notebook that you bought for me. I blushed when your fingers brushed mine, did you notice?
6 minutes were up. You got up, grabbed your jacket, looked around then pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to let go, could you feel my heart beat? I held on tight, I could feel you hugging me back, were you holding on to me too? You made me look up to your eyes, was it love that I saw in them? You slowly kissed me and when I pulled back you said 'once more please', could you see that I was breaking down? You kissed me again, did you notice that it was already past 8 minutes? You suddenly pulled open the door and left me, saying 'won't you see me off the door?', did you think I was strong enough to? You left, walking briskly, without looking back even once, were you scared that you wouldn't be able to leave?
A message flashed in the screen of my phone. It was you. 'Send me away with the words of a love song', you wrote, did you think I could send you away, from me? Were you in such a hurry to leave?

I looked up at the clock. It was 10.45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment